Woman severely burned from exploding scented candle in freak accident

This post was originally published on this site
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/fire-candle.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

A Texas woman wants to warn others after she suffered severe facial burns in a freak accident involving an exploding scented candle.

Ashley Brawley, of Burleson, said that noticed her Bath & Body Works candle had six-inch flames and decided to blow it out. She claims the product was defective causing the flames to blow up in her face, according to news station DFW-TV.

“I walked in the living room and that’s when I saw the candle. It was in flames,” Brawley told DFW-TV. “I blew on it about three or four times and the last time I blew, it just went all up in my face… I immediately started screaming.”

In a video, which was captured on a surveillance camera, the flames soared several inches up to her face when she leaned in to blow out the vanilla-scented candle.

Her husband, Cody, said he tried to extinguish fire by throwing cold water on the three-wick candle, which caused the glass to explode.

“The thing was burning hot so I grabbed the oven mitts and walked outside and hit it with the water hose,” he told DFW-DV.

The mishap sent Brawley to the hospital Sunday where she was treated for first- and second-degree burns to forehead, cheek, nose, and lip.

“I would’ve never imagine in a million years that I would walk in and it would be in flames,” Brawley said. “I’ll never use a candle again. Ever. I mean, it scared me.”

Bath & Body Works said in a statement that the company is investigating Brawley’s complaint, news station WHIO reported.